Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Back in the USA

I crossed the US/Mexico border on Saturday and hung around Brownsville until Monday morning. A new rear tire and oil change and headed north. Texas is big. A night in Victoria and Palestine before finally crossing into Oklahoma and spending the night in Poteau. The picture above was right on the TX/OK border. Nevada and Independence, MO before the weather forced me to hole up. Mike and Sandy came up on Friday evening and treated me to delicious Kansas City barbecued ribs. On Saturday, my father and sister arrived with a pickup and by Sunday, I was home. I will write some observations when I've had time to digest a bit. 

Ponderosa Pine?

Convenience store lunch. Mmmm.


I got to shovel my driveway for the 1st time this winter.




5 comments:

  1. c - glad you made it home... I'm sure you wanted to make it into the driveway w/out assistance.... at least you were able to do some shoveling! crazy. blue highways and such a great trip! it has been awesome to witness. thanks for sharing and letting us all be a part of the adventure! I will send your tent... selfishly we thought that your return trip might go throught Nevada... you might be stuck in the snow in Colorado now. You can't predict the weather. peace and cheers, kirby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! It's a crazy time to be a teacher in Wisconsin. Enjoy what is left of your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris,

    Welcome back to the land of snow and cold..... looking forward to seeing you in a week or so..... Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. How goes it? We are in Beliz-well Caye Caulker sunning ourselves in 105F and snorkelling. The snow actually looks quite inviting!!!! Jill & David

    ReplyDelete