Thursday, September 12, 2013

On the Road






One week in and it has been great. My lack of tech savvyness will not allow me to add pictures but I will try to edit it soon. As I was leaving home, I had a feeling not unlike the feeling before my last big trip, basically the knowledge that my life would be completely different the next time I came home. I am hoping that this time it won't be nearly the mess that it was last time.
First stop Brookings, SD, the place of my birth. Hadn't been back since day 2 of my existence. My friend Andrew met me there on his cycle and we had much fun as always. People were very friendly.
From there, I went to Badlands NP. Very hot but starkly beautiful. I took a side trip down to the site of the Wounded Knee massacre. Intense.
A night in the Black Hills after seeing the Crazy Horse monument and then two quiet nights in the Big Horn Mtns. All free campsites and all amazing. I'm getting to the level of relaxation for which I have been striving. More soon.









2 comments:

  1. Hey Chris, Haven't looked at our Blog for ages. Dip in and out to see what folk are up to.And I see you're on another trip. Have fond memories of the times our paths crossed. Dreaming of another trip. But too busy feeling I should stay on the treadmill. After looking at your photos, need a rethink. Enjoy the space. Jill & David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our many path-crossings as well. I've been back from this last trip for less than two months and I'm ready to head out again. Screw the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete