Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Belated post from the western U.S.

This was a sweet campsite in the Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico. I awoke the next morning to a cow licking my car window. 
Lots of good Route 66 motels in Albuquerque.
I picked up my good friend Eric and his fiance Kayla in ABQ and, after a night in Gallup, headed toward the newly re-opened Grand Canyon.
My two friends at the south rim of the Grand Canyon. We were the first people to camp in our campground after the government shutdown. I had much fun travelling with these two for a few days.
Las Vegas. Stayed at the El Cortez and a nice suite at the Tropicana (thanks Eric).Some craps and a Cirque de Soleil Michael Jackson show. Yeah boy.
Then a few days with another good friend, Jason. Here we awake at a BLM area in Nevada that we found after dark. Turned out to be a great spot with great flora and coyotes circling us all night long.
Yosemite is over-the-top beautiful. Had great accommodations with Jason and Kris (and dogs) in El Portal.
YFD
Large tree.
Didn't spend nearly enough time in Utah on my return trip.
Will definitely make up for that soon.










No comments:

Post a Comment