Wednesday, November 10, 2010

1000 miles from nowhere.

That's the title of one of my favorite songs (Dwight Yoakam) and I just passed the 1000 mile mark for the trip. Today was the nicest weather and I probably could have gone further but I'm pretty bushed. I'm staying in a western Oklahoma town. The dirt here is red and there a lots of guys with cowboy hats and Natives. People have been very friendly. I stopped for breakfast in a little diner west of Tulsa (it was Jim Thorpe's hometown) and the people working there were very sweet. I'm going to try to get some pictures on. I have taken very few so far and didn't take any in Tulsa yesterday. It's been great catching up with friends. The last two nights, I stayed with friends that I hadn't seen for 14 years.
Hitting the road.
My nephew Arlo raking. I supervised.

My brother Ted and his daughter Mae.
Mike and Sandy in Missouri.


3 comments:

  1. Do you get songs in your head while you're riding? Does Dwight stick in your mind all day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally have about 3 random songs in my head all day. I should make an effort to control that because sometimes the quality is low.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever get "You Bring Me Joy," as lip-synched by Zack Galifianakis, stuck in your head? I recommend it. But I have heard that riding motorcycles under the influence of Anita Baker can be hazardous, so be careful.

    ReplyDelete