Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life at 7000 feet

I'm in Flagstaff, AZ. This is a great town and a guy told me yesterday that it had more snow than anyplace in the U.S.. No snow now although it was very cold last night. The ride from Silver City to Springerville was beautiful, as was the first 1/2 of yesterdays ride here. Unfortunately, I made another attempt at a Route 66 ride from Holbrook to Flagstaff. Once again, the highway did not exist for the most part. Holbrook had some sweet old motels and I tried to visit Winona, but there wasn't much to see. Eagles running through my head due to Winslow. Take it easy.

Hotel in Silver City. Nice old 19th century place but I didn't get to park in front of my room for the 1st time on the trip.


Somewhere near the NM/AZ border.

Petrified tree.

Moon over Flagstaff.







4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the shots of the old buildings in the SW.
    I have a feeling this won't be the only time that Eagles' lyrics will be going through your head. Just so you don't miss school too much, here's a little project for your next rain or snow delay:
    http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/fil/pages/webphilosopea.html
    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sky there can be so achingly sharp - your shot on the border has that clearness that almost hurts. and the petrified tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying the photos, they tell a tale in themselves. These would fit in great with Phil's coffee table book idea. Any problems with the Beast? All is fine here, so easy riding on happy trails to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beast is running great. I'm in Boulder City, NV laying low and getting things prepared. Good to hear all is well. Any baby news?

    ReplyDelete