Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Boulder City

 I'm hunkered down in Boulder City for a few days making preparations for crossing the border. Presently, I'm house-sitting for friends who went to San Diego. Dunbar (dog) and I have had a good time. Leaving Flagstaff, I finally found a nice stretch of Route 66 to ride in western AZ. I then headed north toward Boulder City and bucked a brutal crosswind for a couple hours. This town was created for the people who built Hoover Dam and has a very interesting history. Jason bought a deep fat fryer for the turkey and I'll have Thanksgiving dinner here. Hoping to tour the dam tomorrow after I get the Beast serviced.

Hostel in Flagstaff.





Nice motel/cafe on Route 66. Delicious green chile cheeseburger.

View of Lake Mead from Boulder City. I haven't seen much water for the last couple weeks.

There are mountains everywhere here.




1 comment: