Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Border.

 I'm in El Centro, CA after a great Thanksgiving in Nevada and a night in Blythe, CA.. Today's ride was nice. I passed a big sand dune area and there were hundreds of 4-wheelers and dune buggies and an occasional dirt bike cruising around. I'm about 10 miles from the border and will hit it tomorrow. A mixture of nervousness and excitement. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, I'll be eating a fish taco in San Felipe.

Kirby taking care of the turkey.

Yummy appetizers. Notice the napkin arrangement. 
1st class all the way.

Somewhere in southern California. It's very dry here but irrigation canals from the Colorado river (I'm guessing) makes some of this area agricultural. 





7 comments:

  1. nice turkey, now get us some MEXICO updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto. I can testify for the turkey. We had a blast w/ you Chris... Dunbar made a new friend...and we look forward to hearing about the rest of the travels. I can vouch for it folks.... this here was a lean travelin machine! pretty cool, I just wish I could have fit in his panniers! cheers, kirby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris and Kirby-- How'd the turkey turn out? I've had it deep fried a couple of times... JUICY!
    Can't wait to hear about Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Knights, this is Jeremy. I bought Lakin and McKay Pants and steel toed boots for welding last night at Blain's Farm and Fleet. How are you doing, Mr. Knights? I've enjoyed reading your blog.


    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeremy,
    I'll bet you look sharp with those digs. I'm doing well. Having fun, seeing new things and eating great food. I miss all of you at G-E-T.

    Mr. Knights

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a journey you have embarked upon. You and Sarah should go on the road as photo journalists and publish coffee table books of your adventures! You are both very talented photographers. Maybe this is your next calling. But for now your sweet HS students miss you! They religiously follow your blogs and SPOT.
    My last day at G-E-T is the 20th. It has been a great adventure and I have been truly privileged to work with you. Phil and I still plan to join you and Sarah for a meal at Signatures upon your return. We expect a thorough debriefing. Happy trails! ~KD-C

    ReplyDelete