Tuesday, January 11, 2011

La playa.


 As some of you know, I can spend a long time on the beach without doing much of anything. This is the mode I have been in since arriving here in the last week or two. From Zihuatanejo, I rode down the coast to Pie de la Cuesta. The beach there was nice and people rode horses. At sunset, seemingly everyone in town gathered on the beach and watched until the sun disappeared, breaking into applause at that moment. From there, I rode through Acapulco (big city with lots of traffic) and spent a couple nights in Playa Ventura. This was an even quieter beach with Mexican families vacationing. I didn't see another gringo there. Finally, I rode to Puerto Escondido, where I have been languishing since. I'm staying in a hostel (Mayflower) and a met a really great group of people from around the world. I have had to look at my computer several times to remember what day it is. Once again, I have almost no photos, so I will have to make an effort to take some before I hit the road.

Pie de la Cuesta from my balcony.

Apparently this posted twice. Sorry.

The woman at this restaurant took me into her kitchen to show me everything that she had cooked. The food was incredible (Mole pollo, arroz, frijoles, ensalada).

Playa Ventura






3 comments:

  1. Wish I were "languishing" there!
    Wish I didn't know what day it was!

    The videos say "currently not available" for me. Would like to hear from other folks whether they can view them...

    Keep the info comin' Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring some of that sun, sea and sand with you to Oaxaca-feeling deprived, the mountains are cool. Beach envy!!!

    ReplyDelete