Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mojo rising


The "graduates" of Amigo del Sol school. I think that the week of Spanish instruction was helpful. We'll see. I'm having trouble uploading photos here so this will be a short entry.

I got my oil changed at this shop. They also gave la Bestia Verde a nice scrubdown. The first in two months and she looks great.


I rode to Tehauntepec, where this lovely lady resides.

Bus stop

The taxis here are interesting.

My tour guide, Leticia. She claimed to be able to cure a variety of ailments with the medicines she makes (including leukemia) and wanted me to find buyers in the U.S.

OK, I give up on the rest of the photos today as they have been uploading for nearly 2 hours. More soon.




3 comments:

  1. a little-known fact related to the etymology of the term "mojo": while many people mistakenly believe "mojo" to be a creole word referring to witchcraft or medicine, the true origin is norwegian and translates rougly to "morejohnson". it is interesting to see that your "mojo" level is somewhat low. i have a cure for that which, ironically, does in fact utilize witchcraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. buy some of that from Leticia - keep behind glass at home with "break in case of leukemia" sign and also wondering how you're grading the Twins off season moves

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Chris. I have so enjoyed following your blog and Spotting your whereabouts. What a trip! RU sure you really want to return? I am now retired and as of yesterday, I am of age! I will visit the school and kids from time to time and bring cookies. Phil and I look forward to having dinner with you and Sara at Signature's when you return. Continue with your amazing journey and "safe home" (Irish well wishes). ~KDC

    ReplyDelete