Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Insomnio

 It's very early here but I couldn't get back to sleep. Loreto was a nice fishing village and I stayed in the Posada San Martin and had dinner with a nice couple from the U.K.at Super Burro. Walked on the beach with no shoes.


The courtyard at my motel in Loreto

I watched a few shore fishermen. Many of them didn't have a pole so they casted by swinging the bait around like a lasso. 

Loreto was the capital before a hurricane in the 1830's.

Another beautiful old mission.

A rest stop on the road to La Paz. I got a coke and a snack and the bathroom was a out in the pasture.

I stpped in La Paz and this guy (Ed) was parked nearby with a newer KLR. He told me about the motel where he was staying and I got a room there also. 

Shortly after I arrived, two more Canadian bikers showed up. The four of us went out to dinner on the Malecon. It was Saturday and the town was jumping. Much fun had by all. 

On my second day in La Paz, the people I met in Loreto showed up. We went to check out the ferry terminal and went to a nice beach on our bikes. Today we're going on a boat to swim with whale sharks (I believe they are the largest known fish) and sea lions. 










12 comments:

  1. please do not get eaten by large fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going cover myself with plankton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mr. Knights, this is Jeremy. This weekend we had 6 inches of snow. My dad, Joe and I had to get two cars unstuck across George street from Hauser TV on North Street were there turning right in front of Hauser TV. And your in La Paz. I've never been there Mr. Knights and have fun with P.J. O'rourke with an off road trip!HAHAHA!!!!!!!


    Jeremy Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeremy,
    I didn't get to unstick any cars from the snow but I swam with sea lions and whale sharks today. You should look them up. They are huge, about 25 feet long. P.J. and I are hitting Mazatlan this weekend.

    Mr. K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mr. Knights, this is Jeremy Lewis. I watched a old show called "Mystery Science theater 3000" Have you seen that show before.


    Jeremy Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mr. Knights,

    This is Ben Lai from Singapore, we met at the hostel in La Paz. Awesome Kawa, awesome trip. With any luck we will meet up again on the baja ferry to Maztlan.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be great Ben. Are you going to Mazatlan on Thursday? I'm on the 20:00 ferry.

    Jeremy, I have seen that show and I'm not surprised that you like it. Has Kayla had her baby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. Knights, I do like that show they make fun at worse movies. I haven't seen Kayla yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Chris!! How are you doing? Looks as if you are having the time of your life... what a bum!!!! Tonight is P-T Conf. and we could get a couple of inches of snow... Enjoy your day! Jo Ann Twidt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of Twins news happenening back in MN...Hardy and Harris are Orioles now with Mr. Japan coming to town next week. In other news, your boy Nick Punto is having talks with the Indians.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been keeping up on the Twins news. I'm excited about Nishioka but not sure about the Hardy trade. Will have to see what other moves are made before I pass judgement.

    Have fun at P/T coferences G-E-T staff.Is there a meeting afterward?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the meeting is just south of La Paz..... :) J. T.

    ReplyDelete