Thursday, December 9, 2010

La Paz Rocks

 Later today, I will be leaving on the ferry to Mazattlan. I will miss La Paz. What a vibrant, cosmopolitan small city. I've spent a lot of time with my new U.K. friends David and Jill (http://travels-with-nancy.blogspot.com/). They are great people. I ate amazing food every day. The highlight was definitely the day we swam with the sea lions and whale sharks. The sea lions would come up to me in the water and play. The whale sharks were immense. I didn't capture any good pictures of either because I was in the water but you can look them up. So far, Mexico has been great. Very friendly people and I have felt safe at all times. I have seen almost no U.S. citizens, probably because of the fear that has been spread through the media. More on this later.

Our guide Arturo (on the right) and Taka, a Japanese man that did some diving while we were snorkeling.

The island we went to was called Espiritu Santo, a national park. It was very beautiful.

A baby sea lion playing near our boat before we jumped in the water with them.

We ate a delicious lunch on this beach.

My room at the Pension California. It was a bit spartan with no hot water but for 220 pesos per night I could hardly complain. I didn't take many pictures in La Paz, sorry. Off to mainland Mexico.




5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you are having a great time. While you cross over to the mainland we at school will be hosting parent-teacher conferences while it snows and sleets outside :) I just wanted you to know what you are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Knights, this is Jeremy. Nice pictures Mr. Knights. It snowed outside 2 to 3 inches of snow today and tonight it will freeze drizzle and slippery roads.


    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Rob. P/T conferences/snow. Hard to imagine. Tell me if you want to Skype some day. My wi-fi has not always been strong, but it would be fun. Maybe when I'm in Zacatecas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, the pictures you are sending are beautiful... send more, especially sunny beach ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Knights: please post less pictures of sunny beaches. It's too painful.

    ReplyDelete